<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6379544323610549874?origin\x3dhttp://fishermanweisi.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

about links archives


Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Joyful Summer (Part 2a)... @ 4:24 AM

Joyful Summer (Part 2a)...

June was the start of a series of Odac events. Pumpfest was from 1st June to 3rd June. I didnt really help out as i was working. I did try to help out after pumpfest by helping the logistics to return their stores. I was sitting in Munir's car heading towards SP when we received a call from Yonghan. He told us the mattresses on his lorry actually fell onto the expressway near Jurong Town Hall Rd. It created a mini jam along the expressway but fortunately no accident was caused. We managed to recover all the mattresses that fell except for one. So we were on a rescue mission to recover the last piece. We did manage to find the last one eventually, but it was in a very bad condition. Weilong even joked that the mattress looked as if it was bitten by a T-rex!! The mattress was being disposed at a nearby HDB flat as it could not be return. We went on to SP to return the rest of the mattresses and after which i went to Yishun Safra to return the rock pieces with the pumpfest people before we called it a day.

Next up was ATC, held on the 10th June. I was a helper attached to Denis, together with Shunzhang, Untung, Junzhong and Weiqin, to transport the kayaks the day before. I had to leave them halfway through as i've to attend my cousin's wedding dinner later that night. I joined back the ATC people after the wedding dinner since it was almost impossible to reach pasir ris at 7am the next morning. I was thinking that some of FOOT peeps would also be there but how wrong was I. I was a stranger to those people at the main tentage area, so were they to me. haha...Luckily I saw Jinrong and so i offered my help. I was busy helping them hanging all the sponsors banner, setting up the unstable tentage. One of the sponsors came ard 3++am to pass Jinrong some vouchers. But the vouchers came in a 4-in-1 A4 size hard paper, so we have to cut it. Jinrong passed the stacks of vouchers to Kash to cut, with me and Minan helping her. She dozed off while cutting and so me and Minan had to finish her job. She actually woke up and said,"Wah ur cut very fast lei." I was like !#&%^* and wanted to tell her its not we cut fast, its she cut kan phua slow! I only got to sleep for one hour before the helpers started to arrive.

Somehow i suay suay kena dispatch to help out with the kayaking section. I was the out-processing IC. Nothing strenous about that job. It was the upstaking that's xiong!! The stores to be kept at that checkpoint seemed to be endless let alone the kayaks. Initially it was still alright when pulling the kayaks (on the rack) from the launching point to the carpark. But as the number of trips increased, all my energy seemed to abandon me and my slipper also broke. I used masking tape to tape back my slippers. Kan phua sian!!! After the whole event, we loaded up the stores onto the lorries. 3 full lorries and there were still stores lying around. I finally shagged out and went home together with yonghan at about 10pm. I guess that was the not-so-fun part of my June holidays.

The fun part for June got to be going for the Stong trip with Laiyi, which i shall leave it to part 2b...haha...

about
Chen Weisi.

LOVES

1) YTMF
2) Seafood
3) Kampong Durian
4) Basically GOOD FOOD

CONQUERED

Overseas:
Genting Highlands, Thailand kachanaburi (army days), Hong Kong/Macau, Seoul/Jeju

Treks and Trips:
Ken's Waterfall, Pelepah, Stong, Cemerong, Datuk, Berkelah, Lata, Desaru, Batu Caves, Endau Rompin, Belumut and Gunung Tahan

chat
whatchuu say ?


create &inspire.