about
links
archives
Friday, March 21, 2008
Fishes Fishes Where Are You? @ 1:44 AM
Fishes Fishes Where Are You?
Hmmm, just revamp my room! Not exactly new-look, I just added a fish tank! haha...Had been toying with the idea of putting a fish tank in my hall ever since moving in, but each time i would tell myself, "DONT WASTE MONEY AND U'VE GOT NO TIME FOR THEM!" Yet i acted on impulse once again! It all started with catching the goldfish with the traditional japanese paper "net" at Can A with Tung.
Tung seemed to be having loads of fun catching the fishes as he kept returning to the Japanese society booth to catch the "ONE". There is this goldfish that has black spots on its back which is quite beautiful yet difficult to catch. Guess that's human nature! The tougher it is to get it, the more u want to catch it! To my surprise i realised my roomie Colin was also there trying his luck! zzzzzz...Didnt expect to end up with 7 fishes as they both dump to me!
So i drag Moomoo to drive me to city harvest area to get my mini aquarium. I'm always fascinated in an aquarium where lots of beautiful and colourful fishes surround me. Had a little chat with the shopkeeper and realised he's quite knowledgable in this area. I used to read books on tropical fishes when i was young. So I could connect to him rather well. And i always wanted my own aquarium filled with tetras and guppies and watergrass --> a perfect view for relaxation! And the best thing is the water doesnt get dirty easily.
Yet i always end up with some "unwanted fishes". Not really unwanted, but not my ideal type-->like those goldfishes mm gave me. Those fishes definitely have big appetite and the water get polluted very easily. I just dont have the tank and equipment to bring the maximum beauty out of them. But one thing for sure, i enjoy watching them swarm to the water surface greeting me whenever i enter my room(home). But I do suspect they were telling me," hey u havent feed us today!" Haha...Such is my afinity with aquarium fishes!
I'm very particular with my tank water due to some bad experiences. When i was young, my whole tank of fishes were wiped out when i changed water. It was later that I knew it was due to our chlorinated water. Hence, after that incident, i always make it a point to store 2 pails of water overnight so that the chlorine in the water can escape.
Hmmm a pretty boring blog to most of you, but i just cant help rambling on...haha...End of the day, I've invested $68 in total with Colin subsidising me with $10. TUNG!!! PLEASE make space in your room when i shift out of hall in June!! The fishes gonna live with you.....
about
Chen Weisi.
LOVES
1) YTMF
2) Seafood
3) Kampong Durian
4) Basically GOOD FOOD
CONQUERED
Overseas:
Genting Highlands, Thailand kachanaburi (army days), Hong Kong/Macau, Seoul/Jeju
Treks and Trips:
Ken's Waterfall, Pelepah, Stong, Cemerong, Datuk, Berkelah, Lata, Desaru, Batu Caves, Endau Rompin, Belumut and Gunung Tahan
about
Chen Weisi.
LOVES
1) YTMF
2) Seafood
3) Kampong Durian
4) Basically GOOD FOOD
CONQUERED
Overseas:
Genting Highlands, Thailand kachanaburi (army days), Hong Kong/Macau, Seoul/Jeju
Treks and Trips:
Ken's Waterfall, Pelepah, Stong, Cemerong, Datuk, Berkelah, Lata, Desaru, Batu Caves, Endau Rompin, Belumut and Gunung Tahan